As This Week Is the Mental Health Awareness Week , I really liked to talk with you about A very Important concept , Everyone should know about and be careful while dealing with :
The Burnout Syndrome
According to the WHO ( World Health Organization ) , Burnout Syndrome Was classified as ” Occupational Syndrome /phenomenon ” , What does that mean :
“Burn-out is a syndrome conceptualized as resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. It is characterized by three dimensions:
- feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion.
- increased mental distance from one’s job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one’s job.
- and reduced professional efficacy.
So , What I want you to know from all that :
Burnout Syndrome Doesn’t just affect collage students ( Or students In General ) as most of people think ( Yeah , I’m going to focus on the students aspect of this concept ) But everyone is endanger of this Syndrome .
Burnout is characterized by a state of emotional, mental, and physical exhaustion that is caused by excessive and prolonged stress. Burnout occurs when you feel overwhelmed and unable to meet constant demands.
- Constant Exhustion .
- Lack Of Motivation .
- Constant Frustration .
- School performance / Grades deterioration .
- Inability to pay attention and Focus .
- disengagement from Friends and Family .
- Habitually stress eating, overthinking, or anything else you know is a bad habit for you.
- Constantly feeling bored or uninterested in matters you used to enjoy.
What We really Need TO know about is how to manage / deal with this syndrome :
- Take it seriously , Especially the warning signs .
- Ask For Professional Help .
- Don’t pressure yourself with extra and ” Unnecessarily ” tasks . Try to say ” NO ” . Being Productive Doesn’t always Mean doing a lot of work.
- Self-care : Sleep / Exercise / Healthy diet .
- Take Time For yourself ( Do what you like ) every weak and after your big exams and projects .
- Time Management and Organization .
- Breaking down tasks and Setting reasonable goals .
- Don’t depend On Social Media ( I advice You to use Apps : such As Flipd to control your time on social media sites .
Burnout Syndrome is A very serious condition , If you feel any Signs , Please don’t be ashamed or afraid , Tell your friends and family and Ask For professional help .
Until Next Time ,
Stay strong and change the world ,